29/10/2015

Remaking new things! ~Record Clock~


There is not many opportunities where I just come up with like "BAM" and start making it on the spot. Which is sad when I think about that. I guess it is because we all have commitments and tasks to do. I remind myself  "I should go and just start and do things" but there are so many distractions...


Anyway, enough with the excuses! 

My father asked me to separate classical music vinyls from a big pile of old vinyls. While I was separating them, I was thinking, what a pity to throw away them. Suddenly, there was an idea that came to my mind!

"I might be able to make a cool clock!" 

I remembered there was clock which was old and my grandmother had enough clocks in her house and that one still moved! 

What I first did was to separate the mechanics of the clock (clock hands and the mortar behind) for me to be able to re attach to the record. 
Then I checked if the hole in the middle of the vinyl was big enough. It was a little small for the mechanics so I widened with a drill and a cutter knife. 
Then carefully reassemble all the parts. 
At the end, I super glued the old plastic clock rim on the back and drill a hole to hang on the wall, it was done! 

It looks like this!

I am proud of making this with things that was about to thrown away. It might been cool if it was made with a Beatles record but I am happy with this :) Also If it was a Beatles record, I would be scared to drop the value of it!


See you! 
Ellen :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment