05/03/2016

The 4 seasons in Japan.

As it is well known, Japan has very distinctive seasons.
I really like and enjoy the changing of the seasons for several reasons.
One is that you are always looking forward to something all around the year and there is always something to look for!
Of course I there are things that I do not like about each of seasons but that is how things come 





For instance, Spring is Cherry blossom season and I really enjoy taking photos of them and doing Hanami (viewing Cherry blossoms and have a picnic under the trees). But I am not that keen on the rainy time of spring. 


In summer I look forward to the fireworks festival and Kanto festival(Lantern festival in Akita city) at University. But I disliked the high humidity. It depends on where you are but it was like walking in a sauna when you walked out side. 

In fall or autumn I enjoyed the process of all of the leaves changing and falling down on the ground. It is sad but it has its beauty in the colours and the beauty of enjoying that moment you are living in. But it was that strange season where you do not know that you need to take a extra clothing with you or not. 






In winter it was being able to eat hot food and also the enjoying your surroundings becoming this winter wonderland like opening the door and entering Narnia. But it gets really cold and you had to think ahead to make sure you have extra time if you need to walk in the snow.







*All of these photos were taken in Akita Prefecture

Over all, all seasons have there ups and downs but I think every thing has, don't they?
Seasons are really important in Japan. In literature, art work, Kimono and for tableware: in almost everything!

I hope this is a little of an introduction to what Japan is like in each seasons :)

See you soon!
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment