03/03/2016

Muisc and my own Ukulele

Music has been in my life from when I was little. I was fascinated at how music was played and was always amazed at how people can play musical instruments. 
As being a young girl, I thought playing the piano was easy and just had to "press the keys" in order to make music. 
I was wrong.
I still liked playing the piano but I really disliked and I got board easily from playing the same tune over and over again and eventually stopped going to lessons.
I still continued music by singing in the school choir club until I entered Junior high school.

I still loved music and still had the curiosity to learn. In one part of the Music lessons we had in junior high school we had to learn how to play the guitar and I was really excited.
There were multiple guitars in the house when I grew up because my father played it when he was young and on very occasions he would get it out and play it.
The lessons were fun and we had to play "Stand by me" by Ben E. King. But one thing I struggled the most was holding onto the strings and play chords, and changing between chords. Yes, it is comes with practice but I have quite petite hands and when I hold most of the guitars I struggle.

Time went by and I still wanted to be able to play the guitar or the base or anything that I can join in to enjoy music. I often want to the Jazz salon and met many local musicians in my home town when I was back from university.  In my last year of university I borrowed a guitar called Taylor Mini from my father. it was small enough for my hand to go around it and I loved it!
I practiced and practiced and I was able to play some notes but still I wound difficult.

After playing on the guitar for a while I saw a Ukulele in my fathers room and started strumming and I found it was much more easier than the guitar! Since then I borrowed several Ukuleles from him(he has enough instruments to pen a shop!) and practiced.

After I moved, I wanted my own one. my own one that I like the sound of and fits my hands nicely. I thought back and forth and I found this ukulele which I can call my own Ukulele!
I am going to practice as much as I can to get better! :)

I hope you liked this short story :)

See you soon!
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment