24/10/2016

My obsession, addiction with books

I have a obsession and addiction to books.

Maybe it is because that I am a total nerd/geek?

From a young age I quite often wondered in the library and pick up a book that looks interesting and start reading. Sometimes I went in for a specific book to borrow and end up with a pile of books to borrow to read.

I love libraries because you never know when you come across a really interesting book and it it is a place filled with knowledge. Also you can escape from the reality in some cases and indulge in the world you are reading about.

As a person who have read quite a lot in Japanese from a young age, reading English novels were quite a struggle. I was getting better but when I was in Australia at high school, I struggled with imagining the scene in my head.
Strangely enough, when it was factual like Science, Maths, and History, it was still difficult but I found it more easier.

At university it became a little more difficult and easier at the same time. I was gaining confidence in reading but the language that were used became difficult. I struggled in a different way but I know that made me grow and open to more English books! (I do not need to wait for books to be translated into Japanese!!)

Even though I struggled reading, my love of books never went away. It actually made my love for books and libraries stronger.

But, I still have the basic struggle to read novels and books in English. I borrow books but I somehow satisfied with borrowing them. Which is a waist...I know.

Early 2016, I have set up a account with a website that I can keep my progress of reading and books that I want to read. The website has a reading challenge to complete within the year which I decided to read at least 10 books in English. Currently I have read 6 books. (This number does not include books for my studies but will include for personal curiosity and studies)

There is the problem. Because I love books, I often wonder in a bookstore and look for more books that look interesting to read. I then get carried away looking at potential books that I have never read before. Most of the time I write there names down because I just do not need them now because I just have too many books that I have at home.

I think this problem will never go away, and I do not think I would ever want it go away because by reading, I deepen my knowledge and that is just one thing that makes me, me!

Is there any books that you will recommend for me to read?

See you soon!
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment