15/10/2016

Leaves changing colour ~it's Autumn~

It is spring in the southern hemisphere but my mind tries to make me think it is autumn/fall.


Is this a type of culture shock that I am experiencing?
Maybe but I should be fine.

This time of the year is all about art, food, and beauty of the leaves changing colour in Japan.

Last year my cousin and I went up the mountain called Nasu in Tochigi prefecture.

It was the first time for me to drive my cousin in my car and go up the windy roads that take you to the beautiful areas.

We went to the places that my grandfather recommended to the family when there were visitors to the area.

He knew all of the best places!

Down near the water fall there is also a small hot spring called "Kita Onsen" which is a nice cosy traditional hot spring place.


I do miss the distinctive change of 4 seasons in the year.

I also miss my grandfather.

See you soon!
Ellen




No comments:

Post a Comment